Title: Illium Software’s Screen Capture
Description: A great screen capture utility for Windows Mobile touch devices
Compatibility: ALL Windows Mobile Pocket PC 2003, 2003 SE, WM 5 Pocket PC, WM 6.x Professional and Classic devices
Tested with: Dell Axim x50v, Dell Axim X5, Toshiba G900, HTC Touch, iMate JAQ3
Before I get into the interesting software reviews I wanted to give some credit to Illium for giving away this great tool. It’s worked on every device I’ve tried it on and has worked fairly reliably.
• Saves BMP full screen images on ANY new Pocket PC or Windows Mobile Pro device
• Capture is map able to hardware keys
• Capture can be set to go off after a configurable amount of time
• Uses less than 100k of storage space and about 6k of memory when running
• It doesn’t specify which hardware key you’re mapping the capture too so you’ll have to guess and experiment
• BUG – if you change settings the timer option to take screen captures no longer works
• No Non-Touch screen version available (sorry smartphone users)
Despite a few minor bugs this is a great tool and I always keep it installed.
Recommended to: Anyone who needs a screen capture utility
Where to buy/download: